Dealing with cramps can be annoying and impact your training or worse, a race. Figuring out what causes them and why they occurred can be downright frustrating because a lot of factors contribute to cramps. In this episode I answer a listener question and talk about some of the factors that can lead to cramps.
- Geoff Alaishuski for completing his first full marathon at the Harrisburg Marathon with a 4:07:53.
- Michael King for completing his first marathon at the Marine Corps Marathon.Congratulations!
This week I am answering a listener question on how to prevent and deal with muscle cramps while training for or running a marathon. This is a very common problem and one that has many aspects to it. As you will see, what we have been led to believe, dehydration and/or electrolyte imbalance may not be the real cause of muscle cramps in endurance runners.
We cover the most likely causes, latest research and I share an article on muscle cramps by Pike Athletics that is a must read!
Latest posts by By Steve Carmichael (see all)
- Episode 46: Natural Food Alternatives To Sport Drinks And Gels – February 6, 2014
- 2014 – New Years Resolutions And What’s Next For Me – January 1, 2014
- Q&A: What Are Trigger Points? – December 27, 2013